Kamatera is the best Cloud Hosting provider. A full-on service for businesses that need raw computing power and maximum versatility for an affordable price. Enjoy the benefits of having a dedicated server without having to invest in physical computing equipment.
What is Cloud Hosting?
Cloud hosting is a network infrastructure spread among several physical servers. It allows the creation of virtual servers that use the pooled resources of the whole infrastructure, providing a wealth of advantages not normally available in shared servers.
There are many perks to hiring a cloud hosting provider. It offers unmatched scalability, allowing you to pay only for what you use without wasted overhead. Cloud hosting also lets you use any operating system or software configuration for unparalleled customization options. Lastly, it is demonstrably more affordable than the alternatives.
You need the best Cloud Hosting services if:
- You want to operate under a more exotic operating system than any of the regularly available in shared servers.
- You need to customize your server to accommodate non-standard software configurations.
- You need to respond instantly to demand by adding power.
- You need complete control of your hosting environment security.
- You need extra power for your project or website, but you´re on a budget.
- You need affordable superior hosting.
Why you need a Cloud Hosting provider
When using dedicated servers a single user gets 100% of the resources for himself, allowing a high level of customization. However, it comes at a very high cost and requires the user to take care of the maintenance.
On the other hand, these servers are often shared among several websites or customers to cut costs. But all users compete for the same resources, and the one-size-fits-all environment really impacts customization levels.
Cloud Hosting is a hybrid approach. It takes the best of both worlds, balancing the advantages of shared hosting and dedicated hosting while offering unique perks as well. The best cloud hosting providers offer completely independent servers to each user, even giving them the ability to work under different operating systems. This allows web professionals and businesses to enjoy the advantages of having a dedicated server, without having to buy one, making it possible to escalate their projects as they require more resources.
From startup development to enterprise IT, cloud Hosting server models provide computing power that is immediate, requires no upfront investment, and carries no long-term commitment. Cloud hosting benefits include:
- Server set-up in minutes
- Instant scaling up or down as required
- 99.95% uptime guaranteed
- No hardware maintenance
- Low total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Simple backup and monitoring
- Unmatched pricing
The Kamatera Cloud Hosting infrastructure is distributed across several global, state-of-the-art, purpose-built data centers located in North America (Toronto, Canada. New York, NY, Dallas, TX, Santa Clara, CA), Europe (Amsterdam,Frankfurt, London), Asia (Hong Kong) and the Middle East (Israel). You can launch a new server from any of these locations instantly, running Windows or Linux (we support any version and any edition available in the market - please see our marketplace for more details).
Cloud Hosting can be self-provisioned and self-configured, using a simple management portal or API, to suit your immediate demands. With Kamatera, server capacity can be increased or decreased to match power demand in minutes. Hardware components such as CPU, RAM, disk storage, load balancers, firewalls and much more, can be added or taken away instantly, simply by logging into the cloud management console and clicking on the desired option. You can even launch a brand new cloud hosting server from a copy of your existing server, effectively cloning your original server - to the same data center, or to another location.
As one of the best Cloud hosting providers, we charge only according to what you use, which means that you don’t have to increase your whole server package as you grow and pay for resources you don’t need. You simply pay for the extra features you add, by the minute. Inversely, if you no longer need a product or wish to decrease your server capacity, you merely log in to your management console and make the required changes, which will be instantly reflected in your invoicing.
99.95% Uptime Guaranteed
Cloud Hosting providers offer extraordinarily high reliability and availability compared to traditional computing infrastructures. Thanks to Kamatera’s purpose-built, globally distributed data centers incorporating the latest technologies, servers are kept stable and available at all times, under virtually any conditions.
Every component has at least N+1 redundancy resilience, which is a parallel backup device that will automatically be deployed in the event of a component failure. This means that any hardware failure in any power supply unit, hard disk drive, power phase, UPS, memory or CPU will automatically switch to an alternative device, without you having to worry about the configuration required to make it all work. Resiliency of the mains power supply is similarly maintained with backup generators.
No Hardware Worries
Cloud hosting releases you from having to worry about the management and maintenance of computing hardware. It gives you complete control over your hardware configuration, with the ability to add servers or communications hardware (such as load balancers and firewalls) and achieve immediate and unlimited scaling. You can view and manage your cloud hosting just like any other bare metal server, minus the headaches.
Low Total Cost of Ownership
One of the main advantages of using a cloud infrastructure is its affordability. Several factors combine to make Kamatera's cloud infrastructure the most inexpensive server solution available.
- Scale: The size and sophistication of our data centers allows us to maximize resource efficiency such as monitoring and administration personnel, electrical power for the servers and air conditioning, and maintaining fast broadband communication channels. Improving efficiency translates to operating our servers at a lower cost, and this advantage can then be passed on to our customers.
- Modularity: The virtual nature of cloud hosting providers means that you don’t have to pay for any resources you don’t need. Your package is totally modular and self defined so that you are not stuck with any unwanted resources, just the exact hardware and software components that you require as and when you need them.
- Pay by the minute: Kamatera believes that it is wrong to charge by the day or month for something that takes a few minutes, such as a system check. At Kamatera, we charge by the minute to ensure we deliver the best value service to our customers.
Kamatera - You are in Control
Kamatera Cloud hosting gives you absolute freedom to configure, scale up or down and add new components as required:
- Assign roles to administrators or users
- Root/administrator access to your servers
- Instant server configuration changes
- Add servers as and when required
- Remove servers without paying a penalty
- Through our proprietary API, you can setup servers and all other resources on-the-fly without being present
- Stop and restart your servers at any time
- Add databases of your choice (as many as you want)
- Choose your IP allocation
- Complete control over subnet and private VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network)
- Unlimited storage