Startup companies are special, and Kamatera believes in lending extra support to young companies; helping them develop and grow into more advanced cloud infrastructure solutions. We believe that investing in you now will earn us a dedicated, long-term client and we therefore provide an unrivaled level of service to startup companies, offering a high level of support, as well as discounts and sponsorship in some cases.
The powerful cloud computing infrastructure available today is ideally suited to startups as it offers a high level of performance and reliability, combined with manageable pricing and instant scalability. Starting out with a single CPU and modest main memory and disk storage, your first cloud server provides all the connectivity, 24/7 availability and processing you require for your early stage development. You can increase these resources at the touch of a button as your needs grow.
Cloud servers are a low-maintenance solution that is ideal for smaller teams who do not have a systems administrator: There is no need to switch hardware, reinstall software, recover from crashes etc. because cloud computing is virtual. You don’t need to worry about any machinery, leaving you to focus on developing your company.
Importantly, Kamatera provides a personal level of customer service, precisely tailored to your startup’s needs. We offer consulting and support as well as management services, all designed to suit a startup budget.
Startup companies vary greatly in nature, but many are technology oriented and highly innovative, requiring enterprise-grade computing power. Here are a few example use cases to demonstrate how Kamatera’s cloud computing services cater to startup companies.
Web Social App Startup
- Development by a 3 person team, working from home at all hours
- Cloud server available day and night and used for SVN, app testing
- Cloud block storage for all developer private backups
- Corporate site hosted on same server, running on WordPress
- First trial customers, need to add SSL fast
- Employ managed cloud to get professional assistance in SSL
- Increase processing power with the acquisition of more customers
- With viral growth, add CPU, main memory and disk space quickly
Search Engine Algorithm
- Early development on entry level server
- Real world system testing requires considerable computing power. Add 20 CPUs to get the power needed, run for 48 hours, assess results, downsize to avoid unnecessary costs
- Continue development on low powered servers
- Again step up computing power for the next test live session
- Early development on entry level server
Start up in the Area of Material Analysis
- Low level computing requirements at beginning - single CPU, minimal memory and storage, MySQL database
- Massive increase in computing power when needed to run analysis - 30 CPU cores and RAM of 128 Gb required for several hours - once a week
- Return to regular configuration for ongoing development
- First paying customer provides capital to maintain high level computing power 3 times a day
- When enough paying customers have been acquired, can retain high power computing capabilities permanently
Stock Media Gallery Startup
- Microsoft SQL database server and Microsoft based e-commerce application
- Initial block storage (disk space) of 15G
- Following massive advertising and increase in media providers and customers, storage demand grows by 5 Gb every week, so new block storage acquired on a weekly basis
- Kamatera managed cloud services added to free up overworked team and shift monitoring task over to others
- Deployment of additional servers and load balancer to optimize performance
- After a year of successful activity, increase in media requires a daily increase of block storage by 5 Gb every day.
To learn more about how Kamatera can cater to your startup’s requirements at low cost and high performance, contact us today.
At Kamatera, we believe in supporting startup companies and helping them to achieve their goals. We understand that a new company, no matter how promising its idea, can have initial budget and staff restrictions.
We know that it is difficult to build a cloud server infrastructure without a generous IT budget and a systems administrator, which most startup budgets cannot accommodate. That is where Kamatera’s Startup Solutions come in: Our team of experts has two decades of technical experience in building cloud server infrastructures. We are here to help you build a system to suit your growing needs and budget, and offer significant discounts to startup companies with a solid business model.
Scalability is at the core of our services, and we are able to start you off with a simple yet secure system, and help you scale it up as your business grows. Our products also offer the technical capabilities to build sophisticated high-tech systems such as web applications or algorithm development, which are common in the startup field.
Our client base includes many successful startup companies, and we believe in investing in fledgling organizations and building a long-term relationship that grows as they do. We offer flexible, highly discounted services to startup companies, on the basis that if we invest in them early on, they will stay with us as they grow into successful enterprises.