You can provision a Kamatera cloud server with your favorite web hosting panel in minutes. This is an ideal solution for any business or organization that wants their own hosting solution, either as a service to paying customers, or simply to manage your own sites.
Who Needs a Cloud Server with Pre-Installed Web Hosting Panel?
- Companies with multiple websites
- Website builders and site management companies that offer web hosting services
- Small to large hosting companies
- Marketing and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) companies
In all the use cases mentioned above, there is one overall administrative body that provides third parties with an independent web hosting panel for domain management. For more details, please see Web Hosting Panel Use Cases.
Enjoy a complete management panel for the control and maintenance of various website hosting plans. For your own administrative needs, you benefit from a comprehensive administration and management tool which can help with initiating hosting packages for paying customers or allocating hosting segments to internal departments.
You can provide each administrator, customer or site manager with their own hosting panel, which in turn gives them access to their own sites. You can allocate more than one administrator to each customer or site manager, as well as define different administrative capabilities according to their needs.
Scalability is an important feature of web-hosting under a variety of use cases. With Kamatera’s cloud server with web hosting panel, you can scale up your infrastructure in line with your business growth to maintain a high service level whilst not paying more than you need to. For more info, please see Web Hosting Panel Use Cases
A number of important features are built into all web hosting panel servers. These are primarily global definitions of locations and services that are transparently available to your customers and site owners. They include:
- Web Server, Add/Remove/Manage your domains and all their services
- Mail servers. Specify your own SMTP, POP3 and IMAP services
- DBMS location (MySQL, MS SQL)
- DNS Management
- Integration of anti-spam services
Choice of Web Hosting Panels
As with all Kamatera’s cloud server products, you can opt for a Windows or Linux based server. You can chose the web hosting panel of your choice from the following:
- cPanel/WHM (Linux Only)
- WebsitePanel (Windows Only)
- Parallels Plesk (Linux or Windows)
For a list of all special features, please see Web Hosting Panels
Before companies like Kamatera made cloud infrastructure widely available to any kind of business, a server with a web-hosting panel was thought of as something that only big hosting companies could use; a complex feature requiring a deep understanding of servers and Operating Systems.
Nowadays web hosting panels are more user-friendly than ever; they are a low cost, simple solution - and getting your own web hosting panel installed has never been easier. Kamatera delivers your cloud server with the web hosting panel already installed, set up and ready to define. Plese take a look at the use cases below:
Web Hosting Panel Use Cases:
Website designers, builders or copywriters may wish to offer their customers a hosting plan for their new website. This gives the service provider an additional source of revenue, an extended service offering and closer contact with the customer.
SEO companies need to make changes to customers’sites on a regular basis, for new reference websites and to enhance its back-link capability. The web hosting panel facilitates this activity and allows the allocations of management capabilities to project managers and customers.
Enterprises (umbrella organizations or franchise companies with localized operations) often have several websites, which need to be managed. A web hosting panel allows enterprises to create separate accounts for each website allocating responsibility to website owners who will have full access to their site only. These owners may be subsidiary companies, department managers, assigned administrators, franchise business partners etc.
Hosting companies use a sophisticated web hosting panel to help them manage infrastructure parameters and to set up and handle customer accounts, including different hosting plans and support tickets.
SaaS Systems Providers
SaaS providers manage many different instances of their web application for the purpose of performance, localization, development and dedicated customer installations. Many different sites are managed by deployment teams, development and QA, and a web hosting panel streamlines all these activities.
Web Hosting Panels
The web hosting panels offered by Kamatera are market-leading web hosting tools serving the administrators of millions of websites worldwide. Here are some of the product features:
cPanel & WHM (Linux)
- Used by over 60% of hosting providers worldwide
- Control over your web server configuration, FTP servers, SSL hosts
- Networking setup - internet definitions such as nameserver IPs and resolver configuration
- Reseller management - get affiliates working for you
- Backup and restore capabilities - offer these and other value-added services
- Package management - define account conditions, move and copy accounts and more
- Control over bandwidth allocated to site owners
- Built-in tools to migrate to dedicated and cloud hosting services
- Easy GUI interface to manage the server. No programming or http server configuration
- Proven and familiar GUI interface for website owners / managers
- Site security policy control
- Password strength configuration
- Rich API for managing
- Support channel setup - define how your customers contact you for support
- WebsitePanel (Microsoft Windows)
- Full control over your web server configuration and web sites
- Control over IIS, SQL Server, Exchange, Sharepoint, OCS, Lync and more
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Windows Server 2012
- MS FTP8 Support
- Resource sharing across multiple customer accounts
- 3-layer concept: user interface layer, technical business layer, and data access layer
- Auditing tools
- Quotas option (extended hosting plans) option to prevent creation and deletion by tenants
- Variety of administration roles
- Enable / disable domain and site ‘delete’buttons
- User account lockout handling
- Source code availability, based on NET 4.0
Parallels Plesk (Linux or Microsoft Windows)
- Multi OS and multi server supported built-in
- iPad and Android tablet apps - get into the post-PC era
- Built in app installer - increase customer revenues
- Built in value added services like domain name network, anti-spam and payment system
- SaaS application management
- Unlimited support from control panel vendor included
- Independence to site owners/managers to add disk space within the limits you set
- Uses APS 2.0 standard to maximize your application integration and customization capability