The Kamatera Managed Cloud is an add-on service whereby we manage your cloud infrastructure for you, allowing you to enjoy the benefits of cloud computing without having to actively maintain a relatively complex computing system.
The purpose of the Managed Cloud service is to save you time and effort by taking on many of the tasks that you or your IT team would otherwise have perform. Our cloud experts are highly trained and manage cloud infrastructure on a full-time basis, so you can trust Kamatera to deliver efficient, quick and reliable service, leaving you to focus on what you do best.
Kamatera’s Managed Cloud provides companies with tailor-made solutions consisting of designing, building and maintaining their cloud computing infrastructure. This can range from a single server to thousands of servers, depending on your individual needs.
Kamatera maintains, supports and monitors your servers from our NOC (Network Operation Center) on a 24/7 basis. This includes your cloud servers, operating system, databases, web servers, email servers, load balancers, firewalls, and all other components your applications rely on to provide maximum uptime and availability, at all times - day and night.
Every customer has different needs, but when it comes to managed cloud servers, most organizations fall into one of these two groups:
- You don’t have the time or resources to involve yourself in server management. You prefer to concentrate on your core business and for your technical staff to stay focused on their primary activities - support, development or management.
- You have a high level of requirements regarding server management, and therefore need additional administrational support to maintain your complex cloud infrastructure.
A Managed Cloud Server is an effective solution to both of these scenarios, and Kamatera’s expert team are trained to cater to either or both circumstances.
Managed Cloud Plans
The basic managed cloud plan includes the provision of services related to the Operating System. These are categorized into support, installation/configuration and operations tasks as outlined below.
Before you launch your cloud server, Kamatera can assist with the planning of your server infrastructure based on your applications, number of users and their location, database requirements etc. to ensure you select the best features and options for your business.
Installation and Configuration
Managed cloud plans include the installation and configuration of server features as per your request, or as required to maintain the smooth operation of the cloud infrastructure.
- Operating System and security upgrades as per your requests
- Software patches for Operating System, web server, application server, database and other system software.
- Setup and fine tuning of web servers - Apache or IIS
- Domain transfer from other servers to Kamatera servers
- Load balancing setup
Operation and Monitoring
This includes the analysis of network traffic going in and out of your server, and providing recommendations regarding cloud infrastructure changes that can bring about an improvement in performance.
Monitoring the status of your server day and night and addressing any problems that may arise is a part of the basic service we provide.
- Running of daily backups of your entire cloud disk, plus any other backups you request, on demand or scheduled
- Restoring, at your request, any folders or files from backup to your server down to a single file
- Firewall monitoring and ongoing setup
- 24/7 monitoring of http, ping or other operating services running on the server.
Kamatera offers ongoing support and assistance provided by experienced IT professionals to address any potential issues or provide guidance.
- Support desk manned 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by experienced system engineers whom you can contact by telephone and email
- Includes Operating System and associated services such as: Bind/DNS, Apache, MySQL, pureFTP, FTPd. crond, cPanel, Plesk and DirectAdmin
- Addressing any problems and issues reported
For customers wishing to outsource Kamatera’s technical staff to handle more than operating system issues, Kamatera offers an extended service, working together to become a vital component of your business operations.
All the services covered by the Managed Cloud Basic service are automatically included in the extended plan, as well as the services detailed below:
- Monitoring: 24/7 monitoring of all ports and operating system services in use on your server and critical webpages of your site. An automatic check is performed frequently and notification of any failure found is immediately sent to your Kamatera support team.
- Troubleshooting: Identifying and addressing server-related failures within minutes of an issue occurring.
- Updates: Systematic upgrades of all critical drivers, operating system updates and security updates.
- Maintenance: Checking available disk space, weekly deletion of old event logs and similar.
- Backups: Weekly checking of backup validity.
- DNS Updates: DNS definitions on your cloud server are made directly and requests are sent to external DN managers (eg. domain registrars).
- Apache Updates: We execute additions and changes to aliases, sites, FTP, and permissions, at any time, following receipt of a your request in the form of a support ticket (up to 2 requests per month).
- Database Support: Technical questions answered day and night on all issues relating to databases, including MySQL / phpMyAdmin, Microsoft SQL Server / Management Studio.
- Development Environment: Installation and upgrades of server side developer tools such as AJAX frameworks, J2EE, .NET, SVN
Comparison of Plans
|Support||24/7 by Phone or Email||24/7 by Phone or Email|
|Installation||OS related, domain related|
|Configuration||OS, web server setup|
|Operation and Monitoring||OS and web server||OS, web server, critical site pages, applications and services|
|Troubleshooting||Action initiated within 2 hours||Action initiated within 5 minutes|
|Updates||OS, security and web server updates by request||Automatic OS, security and web server updates|
|Maintenance||None||weekly review of disk space usage, clearing of logs|
|Backups||Backup and restore on-demand or scheduled||Backup and restore on-demand or scheduled, manual validity checking|
|DNS Updates||None||All changes on request|
|Apache Updates and Configuration||Major updates only, no configuration changes||2 configuration changes a month|
|Database Support||None||Provided on request|
|Development Environment||None||Installation and upgrades of server side developer tools such as AJAX frameworks, J2EE, .NET, SVN|
Managed hosting services are charged per server per month, for a minimum period of 3 months (not enforced if the server is discarded before the 3 month period has passed)
|Managed Cloud Basic||$50 a month per server|
|Managed Cloud Extended||$120 a month per server|