Get industry leading protection against attacks on your cloud servers and cloud private network with Kamatera’s Cloud Firewall. Protect your data from outside attacks and secure against malware with a high-availability, virtual appliance firewall.
A Cloud Firewall safeguards your cloud infrastructure and servers by providing:
- Protection against intrusion from unauthorized and suspicious sources
- Protection against hackers who get into your computer through open ports
- Protection against malicious attacks such as DoS, code injection, viruses and other malware
- Protection against unnoticed installation of root kits
- Protection against spyware and data leakage to malicious locations
Kamatera’s network experts set up definitions, monitor activity and adjust settings as necessary to keep your defenses high at all times.
The firewall can serve as a hardware VPN server, permitting requests only from authorized sources to reach the servers, eliminating the need for additional VPN services.
Note: If your cloud servers are distributed by geolocation, for the purpose of minimizing latency or making a VPN site-to-site connectivity, you should set up a firewall for each location.
If your business is vulnerable to, or would significantly suffer from, attacks such as malware, spyware or hacks, you should consider Kamatera’s Cloud Firewall. Kamatera’s Cloud Servers already offer a high level of security, but if you require additional safety measures, the Cloud Firewall provides an extra level of protection.
Here are some potential use cases:
- App Developers: When your core business is the development of online applications, protection against unauthorized sources is paramount, both in terms of protecting your work and your clients. Use of the Cloud Firewall provides an extra level of security to your application development activities.
- Start-up Companies: Start-up companies are often more vulnerable than established enterprises, or can appear so, due to a relative lack of maturity and resources. To protect your valuable business idea from hackers, viruses, malware and other malicious attacks, Kamatera’s Cloud Firewall can provide an additional ring fence.
- Enterprises: Large companies, with many users and often several websites, can be left with weak spots in their online infrastructure, leaving them more vulnerable than systems utilized by a smaller team. Often, enterprises can benefit from a Cloud Firewall service to safeguard against weaknesses such as open ports.
- SaaS Systems Providers: Just like enterprises, SaaS providers often have a distributed team, which manages several instances of their web applications. If you are a SaaS provider, Kamatera’s Cloud Firewall can help to secure your business against unwanted attacks.
How it Works
Kamatera’s Cloud Firewall prevents against unauthorized access to your network infrastructure by intercepting and then rerouting or blocking unwanted traffic. The firewall analyses the data packets and filters them based on their source, destination and content, according to the rules you have defined.
In most cases, a single firewall placed at the gateway to your cloud servers should be sufficient to protect your entire cloud infrastructure. If you have a large or complex server setup, you can have multiple firewalls, each protecting different server clusters with their own ruleset.
To set up your Cloud Firewall, please follow the instructions below:
- Login to the Kamatera Control Panel
- Launch a new firewall in any of our data centers (New York, Amsterdam, Hong Kong or Israel)
- Configure your VLANs and connect the firewall NICs to the relevant VLANs
- Login to your firewall using the IP and URL provided by the portal and you can now continue and manage your firewall rules
|Product||Price $US per month|
|Firewall Setup Fee||$0|
|Managed Firewall||$50 (includes your other |
virtual devices as well)